Separation and relocation of production facilities
CLIENT : Unilever
LOCATION : East & West Africa
TYPE OF CONTRACT : Engineering and Cost Estimation
- Preliminary Design and Capital Estimations
- Mechanical (Building Services and Industrial)
- Process & Control
- Civil & Structural
Project Scope:The Client was is in the process of separating a portion of their FMCG business for sale across East and West Africa. The overall objective of the Project was to segregate the four production facilities to enable them to operate as separate independent production units. Dependant upon the site, this entailed the modification and or construction of new buildings and factory facilities and the rationalisation of power and other process utilities. On-site logistical design for traffic and the receipt and dispatch of product and consumables. Bosch Projects was appointed to prepare a preliminary design and a cost estimate for the redevelopment of the Client’s existing sites in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria and Kenya. These requirements included new and refurbished buildings, roads, equipment and other infrastructure, as well as the relocation, modification and improvement of existing process equipment. Pricing was obtained from local suppliers for the required accuracy
- Site 1 - Relocation of processing and conditioning equipment into new area, raw material storage, cold room and finished goods warehouse as well as office and maintenance facilities. New steam, water and electricity systems to relocated plant and a modified fire system.
- Site 2 - Segregation of existing production facilities complemented with construction of new warehouse and vehicle road ways and pedestrian access. Design of new canteen, clinic and offices
- Site 3 - Design of new factory building and warehouse together with new potable water storage and transfer pumps, steam boiler, compressed air reticulation and back up power generation.
- Site 4 - Segregation of production area. Conversion of canteen and offices into direct dispatch area. Refurbishment of an old storage building into new changing rooms near a new staff entrance. Refurbish and convert existing building into a new kitchen and canteen to sit 100 people and additional offices for 50 staff. Convert former R&D offices and refurbish for 54 staff.
Project Value : Confidential